As the Founder/CEO of Flamingo Trauma Recovery, I have the pleasure of working with highly trained clinical therapists nationwide. Flamingo is a New York-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides mental health education and therapy access to marginalized communities and members of the Christian faith.
My mission is to contend with and for the belief systems of men and women who desire mental, emotional, and spiritual healing in the Sovereign Lord, Jesus Christ.
I confront the cognitive dissonance that hinders faith as a protective factor in the healing process through education. Learners gain understanding and resolve through transformational discussion-based practices to pursue a life of health with God and maintain authenticated awareness of the goodness of God.
SUPPORTING INDIVIDUALS WHO MAY:
- Feel stuck in the healing journey after exploring other forms of counseling or therapy
- Feel compelled to deconstruct their understanding of the Christian faith
- Have conflicts with their faith and need to resolve and move forward with understanding
- Seek to understand biblical principles and their relevance to mental health
- Desire to unpack elements of the past and uncover roots to present challenges
- Want to develop new schemas or thought patterns regarding daily living and faith
- Be interested in learning about and receiving Deliverance
Spiritual Counseling provides support to individuals who are seeking relief from the issues of the soul. Unlike some forms of psychotherapy, my service is to focus primarily on spiritual health that lends itself to emotional and mental breakthrough. Sessions are guided by analyzing and validating personal realities, conflicts and belief systems. Through the art of listening and asking questions, I help individuals who grapple with the human experience to increase in self-awareness and practice self-acceptance.
With high regard for honest reflection and complete freedom of expression, we confront the hard questions, visit fundamental doctrine of Christian faith, overthrow powers of spiritual hardship and create new thought patterns to access an abundant life of wellness.
There are many ways to engage healing, but the process is always the same: taking it one step at a time.
My service to every client is to ensure that they are receiving adequate care. I encourage every client to seek clinical mental health services provided by a licensed clinician. Find a therapist.